Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Visiting Friends in Ipswich





I took Leah to Boston for four days this past weekend.  I was invited to a Retirement Reception for my former principal and I thought it was a great opportunity to go back and visit all my old colleagues and friends.  On Thursday we went to Dr. Cooper's reception in the Doyon library.  I also visited with my friend Linda who replaced me as Doyon's art teacher.  I miss teaching art and it was fun walking around her room and down memory lane.  That night I went over to Kathleen's house for dinner.  We became friends when I used to teach her daughters and we started running art camp together.  I enjoyed catching up with them.  On Friday night, Sue and Sharon watched Leah while I went to dinner with my friend Aimee.  Aimee taught art at the other elementary school in my district and we became good friends and art buddies.  For old times sake, after dinner we went to Dunkin Donuts for a coffee.  We had great conversation.  I'm glad I went back to maintain the relationships that mean so much to me.

No comments: