Monday, September 21, 2009

Teaching Again


It's been 4 years since I taught elementary art and now I'm back in the classroom. I'm teaching just 3 elementary art classes on Friday afternoons at Sterling Christian School. I've been waiting to get some pictures of this before blogging about it, but I get so busy and focused on the work, that I forget to take pictures. Finally I snapped this photo this past Friday before leaving my last class. I've been working with the 5th & 6th graders on observational drawing and this week they drew wildflowers from my friend Anita's yard. It's been lots of fun and a nice creative outlet for me. Also, I bring the kids with me and they provide childcare which makes it all possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The students did a great job! I can tell which flowers are which!

MamaBear said...

What a fun project! It sounds like your job is a great fit for you. Congrats!

And while I'm writing...are you and Brian going to go back for homecoming? It's looking like I WILL be able to go after all. We haven't hammered out the details, but I think we're going to camp on the way down and stay Friday night in R.Island.