Sunday, September 27, 2009

QC Half Marathon

We did it! Anita and I have been training since the beginning of August, doing long runs together every weekend. I hit some walls and there were moments I wondered if I could run 13 miles, but I got stronger and built up my endurance so that by race day I felt very confident that I could do it...and enjoy it. Today I ran the QC Half Marathon with Anita and my father-in-law Larry. Larry and I stuck together the whole race and ran it in 1:55.10. Anita ran it about 10 minutes faster. It was a gorgeous day and I felt great. It was a wonderful experience!


Larry and I at mile 4 waving to our fans.
Anita at mile 4.
Our fans. They are all watching the hot air balloon in Keith and Vicki's yard. (There were hot air balloons all along the course.) Brian and the kids, Anita's family, Brant's family, and Vicki and Keith came out to cheer us on.

Here we are sprinting to the finish.


Here's Anita after the race. (Brian and I are in the background.) Anita's husband Mark took most of these pictures. Thanks Mark!

1 comment:

Libby said...

Wow - congratulations Abby! You're an inspiration...nice work!! :)