Monday, July 30, 2012

VBS 2012

The theme for VBS this year was Exploring God's Promises on Adventure Island.  I lead the crafts for pre-k and Jadon and Leah attended the whole week.  It was a lot of work, but very rewarding and the kids loved it!  


These are the promises and samples of each of my projects.



I had 3 tables in my room and a little over 50 kids that I would see each day.  We had record attendance at our VBS this year which was very exciting.



Tonja supervises the pre-k wing of VBS and the leads the Cubbies part of Awanas.  She is a kind, servant-hearted woman and I love working with her.




Cooper the Dog is the VBS mascot and the kids love his daily hugs.



Leah plays with a craft she made, reenacting the account of the crippled man who was lowered through the roof by his friends, to see Jesus in a crowded home.



Jadon had several friends at VBS with him: Henry and Brecken, as well as Dale, Sawyer, and Luke.



Here, Leah and Micah stand up to sing the songs.



Jadon colored his hair orange for "Crazy Head Day".

No comments: