Friday, August 12, 2011

Breaking the Ice

The second day of our vacation Jadon started talking about wanting to swim out to the big, inflatable slide. Brian and I weren't really up for it, but I thought we could play on the beach and maybe warm up to the idea. While we made a big mermaid and sea turtle, several kids from the resort joined in. We remembered most of them from years passed, so the kids began playing together right away. After working up a sweat, swimming in the lake started to sound like a good idea, so I took Jadon out to the slide. Then we swam over to the platform. Meanwhile, Leah had gotten her life jacket on and was insisting on her turn. I took her out next. Everyone at the resort, including myself, was marveling at this brave little 3 yr. old. It was fun and adventurous, and probably my favorite day of the whole vacation.

Jenny, Ava, Leah, Jadon, Greta, and Emma



Jadon and I made it to the top!

No comments: