Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Training





I'm taking advantage of a couple low-key weeks here before the holidays to do some potty training with Jadon and sleep training with Leah.  I've been talking to Jadon about the potty for a long time and over the summer I attempted some training, but wasn't seeing much progress.   Well, I think he was ready this time.  We've been working on it intensively for a week now and he's doing great!  I am so proud of him!  As for Leah, she's not the best sleeper.  She usually wakes up once or twice at night crying and I would always end up nursing her.  After a good pep talk from my mom, I decided to cut that cold turkey.  I'm proud to say I haven't given her a midnight snack 4 nights in a row.  I've been letting her cry herself back to sleep, and she is persistent.  Last night was a real victory because she only cried for 5 minutes.  I'm a mom on a mission and I'm hoping to tote around 2 new and improved children to all the relatives houses this holiday season.  I also included a picture of our friends, the Johnsons.  We have been staying home a lot for the potty training so they came over and brought the fun to us.  Sorry, no pics of Jadon, but the one of Leah in the pretty dress is her cheering Jadon on in the bathroom :)

3 comments:

Julianne said...

Oh, cute! She has beautiful eyes!

Kathleen said...

A beautiful child! It appears that there are bumpers in the crib. Please note that bumpers are higly suspected as being one of the causes of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). The only things that should be in the crib are the mattress, the sheet, and the baby- no blankets, no quilts, no pillows,
no bumpers, no toys (including stuffed or plush toys); nothing else.
Kind regards,
Kathleen

Kathleen said...

A beautiful child! It appears that there are bumpers in the crib. If so, please note that bumpers are said to be one of the causes of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). The only thing that should be in the crib is the mattress, the sheet, and the baby: no blankets, stuffed toys, pillows, bumpers, etc.
Kathleen