Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Eve Bash

About a year ago, some friends and I came up with a crazy idea to try and have a big New Year's Dance. Throughout the year we researched and reserved our venue, Arnie's Happy Spot Ballroom, and our DJ, Andy Cruse. We planned our evening, advertised, and decorated. The whole process was really fun, until the last month when I started to stress out about getting people to actually come. In the end, we had 45 people. It was hard for me to relax and enjoy it because I was in charge and worrying if others were having fun. It was fun to dress up, play the games, dance, and hang out with good friends. I don't think I'll undertake anything like this again, but we all have to live and learn. I'm excited about 2012 and wish everyone a Happy New Year!

Our Committee: Le Hartman, Jen Zuithoff, me, and Anita Johnson- amazing women and friends!

Our Centerpieces

Too bad this picture is fuzzy. It was the prom pic I never had!

Jeff and Charity are dancing here in the middle. We were thankful they came in from Galena and could ring in the new year with us.

1 comment:

Kevin and Heather said...

I love it! I'm so glad Cindy gave me your address so we can keep in touch!