Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Thrills and Spills

Jadon and Leah love Scooby-Doo, so they posed here with Shaggy.





On Saturday my Dad and I took the kids to Great America. I'm all about making good use of our season passes. This was a day for thrills and spills. First, Jadon's leg slid down between the ledge and the tracks while getting on the Mystery Machine ride. He didn't get hurt, but it shook him up a bit. We rode their usual favorites, but then thought we would branch out. I took them on the River Rocker which swings really high back and forth. They met the height requirement, but I definately had the thought, "My God, what have I done?" Jadon kept his head down the whole time and Leah stared ahead stoicly. They didn't cry, but informed me that that was "too scary". Then we went on the Whizzer- again pushing the envelope. This is a mid-size roller coaster where the child sits on the seat in front of you between your legs. It's very fast. All in all, it was quite an adventurous day.

No comments: