Friday, April 29, 2011

My Grandma's Passing

My grandma, Helen Pins, with Leah in 2008

My grandma fell a couple weeks ago and hurt her back. It looked like she was making a good recovery and that we would even see her at Jordyn's baby shower. However, last Wednesday I got a call that she had taken a turn for the worse and was only given up to 48 hrs. to live. I drove up to Dubuque right away and was able too spend her last hours with her, telling her I loved her, that I was thankful for her, and reminiscing about the good times. She was surrounded by her children and grandchildren when she died that night. We had her wake on Easter Monday and the funeral on Tuesday. Everything was beautiful and really honored her. She was a very devout, loving woman and the best grandma I could've ever asked for. She will be remembered fondly always.

No comments: