Monday, November 8, 2010

Hot Chocolate 15K

This past Friday I headed into Chicago with some fellow Rock River Road Runners. We picked up our race packets, loaded up on carbs at Harry Caray's, and stopped by the Redhead Piano Bar. The next morning we braved the elements and headed down to Grant Park for the race. Anita and I ran the whole thing together in 1:19, averaging an 8:34 mile pace, which I was happy with. We had Ghiradelli fondue and hot chocolate afterwards. That evening I met up with Brian and my parents for the musical, Million Dollar Quartet, and then we had a nice dinner. We thoroughly enjoyed spending time with my parents without the kids around. What a special weekend!

Anita, Heather, Pat, and I sported our Sterling track shirts and got stopped by a couple people from our area.

No comments: