Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Festival of Trees in the QC

I haven't blogged in a while because I haven't been taking many pictures. In the last few weeks I spent a day shopping with my mom at Geneva Commons, I spent a day learning how to make biscotti and fudge with my dad, and Brian spent a week in Joliet working at the Walmart.com warehouse. This past weekend we kicked off the holiday season at the Festival of Trees in the Quad Cities. Our family, Brant's family, Dale's family, and Deb all went to the parade on Saturday morning. It was comfortable and sunny and we all enjoyed it. That evening we had a turkey dinner and decorated gingerbread houses. On Sunday, I took the kids to Middle Park and we cheered my friend Anita in her cyclocross race, a mountain bike race. Then we went back to Brant and Amie's house and helped make Christmas cookies. It was a fun weekend with family and got us all in the Christmas spirit.


Here we are in front of the Figgi Museum waiting for the parade to start.



Here come the girls! Kylie gave cousins Avery and Leah rides in her jeep.



Deb put a lot of time and energy into planning a fun weekend for all of us. She fed us well and coordinated all of the baking. Thanks Deb!

2 comments:

MamaBear said...

CUTE gingerbread houses Abby! I'm hosting a gingerbread house making party in a few weeks - I'll have to add mini marshmallows to my shopping list.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I love your gingerbread houses! It gets me thinking about when we'll do ours.