Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chicago Marathon

On Sunday, my parents and I headed downtown to cheer Jeff on in the Chicago Marathon. We saw him at mile 13 and then headed over to mile 18. At that point I jumped in with him and ran the last 8 miles. My parents headed over to the finish line. Jeff was pushing really hard through the pain and kept up a great pace. The course was really fun. We ran through little Mexico and Chinatown, and the cheering fans helped a lot. Jeff finished in 3:48 and I was SO proud of him. Jordyn's sister Megan also ran it (her 13th marathon!) and so the Frelks and Pinses celebrated both runners at Jeff and Jordyn's house after the race. It was such a fun day and I will always treasure sharing that experience with my brother.


"What does love look like?" It was a cold morning, but we wouldn't have missed it.



Jeff's "Retirement Party". "Once was enough."

No comments: