Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bix7





Every year the Jones family looks forward to the last weekend in July, Bix weekend.  It's a big Jazz festival in the Quad Cities, but our favorite part is the 7 mile race on Saturday morning.  This year we tried to share our love for running races with Jadon and Kylie.  They ran the Jr. Bix on Friday night.  It was only a 70 yard dash, but I had my doubts when Jadon strongly resisted wearing the bib, his racing #.  Brian worked his wonders and got Jadon to rebound.  He ran so fast that he was weaving between kids and passing up lots of other 3 year olds.  That's my boy!  

On Saturday morning, I ran the Bix7 with Brant, Amie, Larry, Jeff, Jordyn, several running friends from Sterling, and 18,000 strangers.  The weather was glorious and I felt so strong.  Of course I had the thought that I have during every race, "Why am I doing this?  This is crazy!", but my last mile I was flying (a relative term) and when I finished I felt awesome.  I guess that answered my question.  I really enjoyed hanging out with my brother and sister-in-law this weekend, as well as Brant and Amie.  Brian and I even had a date night on Saturday, so I'm a happy camper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend...I love the Jadon running story!