Monday, July 21, 2008

Dubuque






This past weekend the kids and I went back to Dubuque for a hometown visit. We spent a lot of time with my Grandma and also with my parents who were in town. Jadon liked running through the halls of Grandma's apartment and pushing all the buttons to open doors and operate the elevator. We went to some of my favorite local restaurants, Bishops and Happy Joe's. I saw my Aunt Janet and her husband John, as well as my Uncle Bob and his wife Mary from Colorado. Aunt Sue and Uncle Les had us over for a cookout and we had a lot of fun. My cousins Brett and Greg were there too; they were in town for some brother bonding. I enjoyed catching up with all of them. One of the trip highlights was taking Jadon and Leah to my favorite childhood spot, Eagle Point Park. All in all it was a good weekend for reconnecting with family and enjoying the kids.

No comments: